Welcome to the Longhorn
Section of IFT! We are
part of the Institute of
Food Technologists, a
community of food
professionals from across the globe who
have come together to advance the science
As a section of IFT, we offer our regional members (more than 900) an opportunity to come together, network, and develop both personal and business relationships. We
also work to support students and new professionals in our area who are beginning their careers in food science. Whether it's at
a barbeque gathering or a lecture featuring
an industry speaker, we look forward to
seeing you at our next event!
How can you connect with other professionals within the food science and technology profession?
When you join IFT and become a member of the Longhorn Section, you gain new opportunities to share expertise and insights, expand your professional network, and build relationships with new contacts in Texas and around the world.
As a member, you have access to:
- Scientific and technical research
- Insights into emerging products and technologies
- Intelligence on consumer trends
- Valuable career and employment support
- Private entry into peer networking opportunities
- Exclusive discounts on educational events